What Can I Do With My Art Student for College? Discover Excelsior Classes
**Podcast Show Notes: Not That Hard to Homeschool High School****Episode: “What Can I Do With My Art Student for College?”**
**Guest: Excelsior Classes**
– Welcome back to “Not That Hard to Homeschool High School”! I'm your host Lisa Nehring, and in today's episode, we are diving into an exciting topic for all the parents and guardians out there with talented art students. We have a special guest from Excelsior Classes who will guide us on what options are available for art students looking to pursue higher education.
*Segment 1: Introducing Excelsior Classes*
– Our guest from Excelsior Classes joins us today to give a brief overview of their organization and how they support homeschoolers in their academic journey.
– They explain the importance of catering to the unique needs of homeschoolers and how their programs help students prepare for college and beyond.
*Segment 2: The Value of Art Education*
– We discuss the significance of art education and how it can shape a student's creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
– Our guest shares some success stories of former art students and how their artistic background contributed to their overall academic and career paths.
*Segment 3: Preparing an Art Portfolio*
– Our guest provides insights into the process of creating a strong art portfolio, an essential component when applying to art colleges.
– They give tips on selecting the best artwork, presenting it professionally, and using the portfolio to showcase the student's unique style and voice.
*Segment 4: Finding the Right Art College*
– We explore the different types of art colleges available and how to identify the best fit for the student's interests and career goals.
– Our guest discusses the advantages of small art schools vs. larger universities, as well as the benefits of specialized programs.
*Segment 5: Scholarships and Financial Aid for Art Students*
– Art college can be expensive, so our guest shares some valuable information about scholarships, grants, and financial aid opportunities available specifically for art students.
– They provide advice on where to find these opportunities and how to increase the chances of securing financial assistance.
*Segment 6: Exploring Alternative Paths*
– Not all art students may want to attend traditional art college, so our guest discusses alternative paths like online art schools, apprenticeships, or starting a freelance career right after high school.
– They emphasize the importance of supporting the student's individual passions and career aspirations.
*Segment 7: Balancing Art and Academics*
– We address the challenge of balancing art pursuits with academic requirements, ensuring that the student can meet college admission requirements while still honing their artistic skills.
– Our guest offers practical tips for time management and integrating art into homeschooling routines.
– As we wrap up the episode, our guest from Excelsior Classes reminds us that supporting an art student's dreams and aspirations is vital for their overall growth and happiness.
– They leave us with some parting words of encouragement for parents and students embarking on this exciting journey.
Visit Excelsior https://excelsiorclasses.com/
– Thank you for joining us today on “Not That Hard to Homeschool High School.” We hope you found valuable insights in this episode about what art students can do for college with the help of Excelsior Classes.
– Don't forget to subscribe to our podcast and stay tuned for more episodes that will empower you on your homeschooling adventure!
– If you have any questions or topics you'd like us to cover in future episodes, feel free to reach out to us on our website or social media platforms. Until next time, happy homeschooling
- The Ultimate Homeschool Chemistry Curriculum for High School - February 18, 2024
- Understanding the Carnegie Unit (and How It Relates to Homeschooling High School) - February 18, 2024
- Unprecedented Times Just Got Real - February 18, 2024